23rd April 2020
- Look at the following videos about milk, cheese and farming life . These videos help you to understand where your food comes from and why we need to look after farmers and animals. Farmers also must look after the environment to make sure it is sustainable. Sustainable means to keep the environment and the earth’s resources safe for the next generation of adults and children.
Read the following words that you hear every day and see what they mean
Everything living and non-living around you, including the air.
The climate describes the usual weather in a place over a long period of time.
It describes the atmosphere in a place at a time, for example, how hot or cold and how wet or dry it is.
It takes energy to grow, to make, to move and to store food. The further your food must travel; the more energy is needed and the higher its food miles will be. Food miles is the distance food travels to get from the farm to our plates.
Humans have been doing a lot of activities that make gases which are gathering in the atmosphere. These gases act like a blanket causing the earth to slowly heat up. This means that climates are changing around the world…
- Complete the following word search
Highlight the link below. Press control and click to see worksheet
- Try this activity sheet. You might need an older brother or sister to help with answers
HOME ECONOMICS COMPETITION
Download the above page by clicking the download button below.
This section is designed to post examples of work done in our classes and to put up work for Junior Certificate students, while they are out of school.
Write a blog to explain what a work sequence is and give an example of a work sequence for cleaning the bedroom.
Download the blog answers here:
The Burke Family Case Study
Mary Burke is a lone parent with four children. Her boys are 16 and 14 and her daughters Kate and Louise are 12 and 4. Mary works as a health care worker. She is busy during the week and is tired after working hard. She comes back to the house to find dirty ware and cutlery, floors and kitchen tops were dirty. Bedrooms are all messy and there is dust everywhere.
The garden is all overgrown with weeds and grass and the lawn mower is broken.
There is no dinner ready and her 16-year olds ask her ‘what’s for dinner’.
Mary starts to cry and gives out to the children for not helping in the house as they are just playing video games, watching tv and meeting their friends.
The Burke family live in a three-bed semi in Mallow.
You must make up a poster for the
Burke family to explain how to manage a home efficiently.
Download questions and answers on regular house cleaning below:
Read about Home Management Here. Click the button below to download the article to print.
Here are Home Management answers. Download them below
Click on the download button to access work on cooking methods..
Here are some useful answers to questions on cooking methods. Download the worksheet.
2. Cafe Lunches menu activity
3. How to label a bedroom correctly
4. How to label a sitting room correctly
5. Work on healthy lunches
6. Safety Audit Activities
7. Safety in the Home
8. Services to the home.
9.Dangers in the Kitchen.
10. Types of teeth and their Functions
11. All about Vegetables
13. Packaging for Packed Lunches Activity
Here are some useful websites.