Useful Vocabulary on gardening.
St Mary’s School
Stages of Vocabulary Learning
• Stage 1: Pupil identifies the item by pointing to it in response
to “Show me…….”
• Stage 2: Pupils names, signs or uses other forms of AAC to
name the item.
• Stage 3: Uses the word in a phrase e.g. “I like the primrose”
• Stage 4: Identifying the function of an item. The pupil
responds appropriately to the question “Show me something
you can dig with”, “something you can cut the grass with”
• Stage 5: Pupils responds appropriately to the question “what
else can you use to….with”
Use this strip (from Colourful Semantics) as a reference to help the students
learn about the different ‘types’ of word e.g. a who word.
• This strip can also be used to extend the activity by using it as a visual to make
a sentence about the picture e.g. ‘the teacher is pointing to the board in the
Here are some additional resources to support families during the Cocid-19 crisis. Click on the download button to read.
Please find a social story about the school closure enclosed, and also a calendar for March and April. Please read the social story with your child and talk through the calendars. You can cross the days out on the calendars as things progress.
If things change and the school closure is extended, please cross out the further days that the school will be closed and talk through this change.
Thanks and best wishes from all at Brothers of Charity Southern Services.
Click on the download button below to print the above story
Here is a social story from Supervalu.
Correct Handwashing Technique
Download and print below.
Here is a social story and calendar to help count the days and relieve anxiety.
Click the download buttons below to print.